Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Why?

Sometimes I wonder why life is so hard. 
Why everything I do feels like such a tremendous amount of emotional and physical energy is needed to accomplish it. 
Why making ends meet is so difficult.
Why having babies is so arduous.
Why making sure the house is clean and dinner is done is so tricky.
Why I can't seem to keep myself healthy or uninjured...p.s. I broke my clavicle a few weeks ago and now I have to wear a sling for the next 4 weeks.
Why Stephen has to spend so much time taking care of Will and me that he doesn't have time for school.
Why I feel like I never have enough energy to play with Will like I know he deserves.
Why no matter how many times I tell myself I am enough, I just can't seem to believe it.

Then I remember why I came to this earth, to be tried and tested, to learn and grow, to become the best self I can. I chose this life, I chose to come to this earth, I knew what I was getting into before I came. I remember that I knew the blessings would far outweigh the trials. 

Then I ask, why am I dwelling on what is wrong in my life and not what is right?
 Why no matter how many times I make a budget and can't make the numbers match up, as long as I pay my tithing, somehow we always have enough.
Why I have have the most breathtakingly handsome son who loves me no matter if I play with him on the couch or on the floor.
Why I have a house to worry about and food to make into dinner.
Why no matter how many health issues I have, I'm still here, I still have all my limbs, my sight, and my hearing.
Why I have a husband that is so devoted to his family that he is willing to put us first, no matter the detriment to himself.
Why I know Will will be ok, even if I can't run after him everyday.
Why I have a husband who tells me everyday that I AM enough, that he knows it, even if I don't.

Then I remember that the blessing do outweigh the trials, always. Sometimes you just have to hunt more for the blessings.

"Don't you quit. You keep walking. You keep trying. There is help and happiness ahead. Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don't come until heaven...Trust God and believe in good things to come."
-Jeffery R. Holland

2 comments:

  1. Sianny, you ARE enough! Your faith is amazing. Heavenly Father wouldn't have given you a child that wasn't resilient. Will will be okay (just as Jed will be okay now that I let him watch more tv than I'd like because I'm up all night with a baby.) Hang in there. I don't know why you have all these health issues either. But I love that quote. LOVE it.

    P.S. I'm coming to visit my grandparents in Orem Oct 8th and 9th. Maybe we can make some time to get together... meet up at the Bean museum or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sian, you are incredible...well said!

    ReplyDelete