Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Kindness of Others

I can hardly keep back the tears of gratitude as I write this. Last weekend we moved. I was really worried, not that I should have been, that it would take all day and we (and I mean Stephen because I really am unable to do anything to help other then say put that there) would be totally wiped by the end of the day.
Wow, was I wrong. Not about me being useless, but about the move. It was all done in about 2 hours. Our neighbors came out in droves to help. My next-store neighbor whisked Will away to her house before I could even protest and her husband spear-headed the group to empty our apartment within minutes. I wanted to take pictures but it was done before I could even get my camera out.
Our neighbors are so amazing they even followed us to our new place and helped unload.
By 11:00 we were all unloaded and started to unpack. At 1:00 my brother and cousins came by and helped Stephen set up our bed and Will's bunk-beds. We did end the day exhausted but because of unpacking not because of loading and unloading.
Because I am injured and useless I made sure to overlap our move-in and move-out days by a week. Stephen has been going over every night to collect the rest of our things and clean a little. Tonight he went over to get a few things only to discover that our incredible neighbor had boxed up the rest of our things and moved them out into the living room.
I am still speechless. I'm finding it hard to express how grateful I am for our neighbors and friends. I could not ask for a better support system. Of all the things I will miss about Wymount, they are number one. Nowhere else will we ever have a support system like that.
Thank you, thank you, thank you is all that I can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment