Monday, November 5, 2012

Some Thoughts on Tricky Things

A few days ago on Facebook, a friend of a friend posted that she was having systems of a miscarriage and was asking for advice. As I read through her comments with the intent to comment about how sorry I was for her, until I read a comment made by the original poster. It read, " The worst part is about two weeks ago I had a horrible morning sickness day, partly the stomach flu, and I actually prayed for a miscarriage..." As I read this I had a slew of emotions, the first and most dominant being anger that anyone would pray for that. 
Me, being someone who has an incredibly hard time getting pregnant and then staying pregnant, just couldn't believe that someone who was lucky enough to get pregnant would pray to miscarry. In truth I was SO angry. My eyes welled up in tears and I raged to myself for a little while about how unfair life is, blah, blah, blah. 
After my pity party I started thinking more about it, in fact I couldn't get it out of my mind. The more I thought about it, the more my harsh attitude began to change. I realized how sad I felt for this woman who felt so overwhelmed that she momentarily forgot how much joy a child can bring to your life. I realized that I had NO place to judge this woman, I have no idea what her life is like or what she has been through.
Then I thought about how I've been praying for years, yes years, to have more children and that I hope I never get to the point where I pray to have a miscarriage. That I always remember how much I have wished, prayed, pleaded, and hoped for more children. 
This morning I said a prayer for this sister, that she could feel the love of the Lord during this difficult time in her life and I asked for forgiveness for judging her. It is always amazing where the Lord chooses to teach a lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment